The 2017 AJF Brent Helmkamp Memorial Classic is a youth tackle football tournament for 4th through 7th grade football teams. This event will be held on Saturday, October 21st and Sunday, October 22nd at the Prairie Ridge Youth Sports Complex in Ankeny (18th Street between Ash and State Streets). The tournament is open to 12 teams in each division.
The divisions are as follows:
4th Grade Tackle
5th Grade Tackle
6th Grade Tackle
7th Grade Tackle
Each team will be guaranteed 2 games with the possibility of three if needed to determine division champions. The final tournament pairings will be set and communicated out by 11:59pm Tuesday, October 17th. AJF reserves the right to change format based on the number of entries per age group.
A team trophy and individual medals (up to 24) will be awarded the top two teams of each division.
Rules are available on our website: Click here
Rules will be reviewed with both head coaches and officials before your first game on Saturday. If you have questions, please ask at team check-in. Please make sure your coaches and fans read the rules.
Tournament games will be officiated by a crew of four officials. Two members of each crew will be licensed IHSAA officials.
The entry fee is $350 per team, registration and payment will be done online (if you need to make other arrangements please contact the tournament director).
1. Visit our website ankenyjuniorfootball.com
2. Cick the 'Registration Open' banner on the home page
3. From there you will be taken to the login page. If you have an account - login - otherwise click on the 'Create an Account' link.
4. Create an account. Then from the welcome page, select 'Register Your Team'. Enter your team name (if registering for multiple grade levels, please specify the grade level in the team name).
5. Select the division you are registering for - add any comments - then hit 'Done' on the Roster page (we will gather roster information at the tournament).
6. Checkout and pay. (if other arrangements for payment need to be made, contact the tournament director)
10/16/17 Deadline: Registrations will be accepted until 10/16 to secure a spot in the tournament, there will be no “reserved” spots without payment.
A gate fee will be charged for all parents and fans.
For additional information, please contact:
Chad Trimble – Tournament Director (515) 554-9511
Note: If tournament is canceled due to weather, each team will be refunded $200.